Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trouble at'mill'o'B and Q

Being male and unable to remember birthdays, the names of my children and what i had for dinner 2 days ago, I have just spent the past three hours trying to remember my password for this site. After being re-directed to the new 'Googlie' signy ony thingy...here I am. Not looking forward to this afternoons outing. According to the BBC, we here in the Kingdom of Fife are to have snow 'flurries', where in actual fact, it's a white-out and the Tay bridge is closed.
I'm about to venture forth to my local B&Q store, where I will embark on a battle againt ageism.
My point is as follows.
If i go shopping with mum, who is 69 and quite happily living in sheltered accomodation, and she decides that a few certain items will make her life all the richer, i.e. the purchase of a thickness planer, table saw, bench press drill and belt sander, she is entitled to parking within spitting distance of the store entrance, ( I have no problem with that), and 10% off her purchases, as she can then shoot off home and do her drilling, sanding and planing, content in the knowledge she has saved herself 45 quid, which she can put towards treatment for her arthirtic ridden hands.
Now my point is, if these DIY stores were to advertise this 'deal' the other way round, and promote, 10% extra to be paid by all under 65's, there would be an uproar...wouldn't there?

Anyway, I have now returned from my jaunt, battle un-fought, as the store never had any of the above tools in stock anyway. What to do with all my pent up and un-used adrenaline now?

No comments: